A used car or a pre owned car is a car with one or more previous owners. They are sold in a lot of outlets such as franchise and car dealers. They are much cheaper than the new car. Most of the places that sell pre owned car, do a thorough check and certify them. They are inspected, refurbished and certified either by the manufacturer itself, or by any other reputed certifying agencies. They also include a number of other special benefits like extended warranty, special financing etc. Certified pre owned car are more reliable. Dealers of Used Cars Greensboro make sure that the cars are checked and certified before it is handed over to the customer.
Basic Checks Before Purchase
But in spite of all these, buying a used car can be tricky. One has to make sure that there are certain things in order before going for a used car. Some of the most important things are.
- Check the outward appearance of the car. The outwards form of the car should be a good indication of the condition of the car. It should have a good paint job. Check for any rust or spots. Dents or scratches also should be checked. The tires should be checked properly and should be worn evenly. The alignment of the tires should be proper. The trunk of the car should not have any rust or damage. If the wear and tear is too much, it shows the usage of the car.
- Checking under the hood. Checking under the hood for any damage rust or dent is good as it shows how the vehicle was handled. The Vehicle Identification Number should be there in each fender. The hoses should be checked for cracks and leaks. The engine should be checked for any oil leaks or corrosion. The break fluid should not be leaking. The belt should be new.
- Inside the car. Inside the car the car sear should be checked for any damage. The air condition should be checked to see if it is functioning properly. The odometer will give a fair idea of how much it has been used. Check if the lights and all the regular functions are in order.
- Taking the car for a drive will be good to see if there are any issues while driving. The brakes can be checked while driving. Any irregular noise, or sound while taking a sharp turn should be checked.
- Car service history. Checking the car service history is a very important check. It will give an idea of the car how it has been used and handled.
With these checks, one can make a decision of buying a good used car.