23rd June 2016, it was the same day when the world was left stunned with the announcement of the term Brexit. It was something which did not existed before this day. It transfer to the exit of Britain from the European Union. It was like some tornado that had occurred in the form of this news all over in the global economy and had caused the rate of pound to decrease immensely to a value which is being considered as the lowest it has suffered in past 30 years. Economists and politicians are differing on their particular views about the effects of Brexit. But all we know for now and that is for sure is the fact that Britain remains to be a part of European Union till the year 2019. Even after that the changes which are going to take place would take a due course of time to have an impact on the general public. As for now the travel implications faced by the travelers are all the same and not changing for a great while. But, we can definitely predict The European Travel Affects from Brexit that will occur in the time ahead.
The European Travel Affects from Brexit:
- Pound as a currency is weaker now: As the value of pound has been decreased since the announcement of Brexit, we know for sure that the vacations now to Europe could cost us way more than it did before. This is going to be the disappointment which travelers will have to bear.
- Flight Disruption: Since Britain is the part of the Single European Sky agreement as for now till 2019, but once the leaving procedures are done and sorted out UK might have to exit the agreement as well. So it is likely to follow that there will be a whole lot of flight disruption. Air fares could get enormously high which sums up to the fact that this is going to be another jerk, that traveler will have to bear.
- No more Visa Free Travelling: Earlier we used to enjoy the advantage of travelling in Europe anywhere without having our Visas. But as for now after March 2019, it would be a serious problem as the travelers would have to complete all the visa formalities for traveling to Europe.
- Thinking about funding your trip by working in Europe? You should probably not consider this as an option to make your trip financially strong because it would be difficult for you to get a job now in Europe while you are travelling. As you will be considered a non-European from now onwards.
- Duty Free Benefits: There is no distinction between the British and the non Europeans now, so all are going to be treated the same way.
So this clearly states that travelers are going to have a tough time coping up with the effects of Brexit in long run. All of them are requested to plan their vacations wisely from now on.